Thursday, December 8, 2011

What have we become?

This morning I watched a video on YouTube that really has me wondering where we as a country have gone. The video I watched was Governor Rick Perry's Presidential Campaign ad. Below, you can watch the ad for yourself. However, if you are not able to listen to the sound at this time, I have posted the ad's transcript below the video itself.

"I'm not ashamed to admit that I'm a Christian, but you don't need to be in the pew every Sunday to know there's something wrong in this country when gays can serve openly in the military but our kids can't openly celebrate Christmas or pray in school. As President, I'll end Obama's war on religion. And I'll fight against liberal attacks on our religious heritage. Faith made America strong. It can make her strong again. I'm Rick Perry and I approve this message."

I really don't understand where we have gone so wrong in our society to think that this is okay? We HATE people that are different than ourselves. We HATE people that don't believe the same way. We HATE people that look different than us. We HATE people that talk different than us. We HATE people that like people different than us. Why so much hatred towards other people? I'm not saying you have to love every single person on the Earth, but I am saying that you shouldn't hate them all either. Why so much hate? Love one another. It makes the World we ALL live in, a better place.

1 comment:

  1. I'm absolutely disgusted in this video. DISGUSTED. Religious heritage? What about all of the other religions, other than Christianity? FAITH didn't make America strong. Good leadership in the past made America strong. Now, I'm not saying that Obama isn't a wonderful president...because I'm totally positive that until the country comes together and ends all of the hatred that they have towards each and every person, this country will NEVER get better and our recession will only get worse and worse. What I am saying is that idiots like the moron above are the reason that this country is "beating a dead horse" and is headed nowhere.

    ReplyDelete